I am living in limbo, yet feel as if I'm experiencing a shift. It doesn't make sense. I know. But I cannot deny that is what I've been experiencing and sensing. Here we are at the beginning of a new school year, the leaves are beginning to lose their vibrant green hues. There's a mutedness. In everything. The night air is cooler and it's getting darker now. I am not ready for autumn. My heart holds fast to its tether to the light. To the long warm days. To the freedom summer represents. But it will happen. There is no stopping change even as everything else in my life exists in limbo-land. Work, housing, husband's work, before school, after school, weekends, writing, the future. Everything is unknown. Understatement of eternity. I know that too. And I'm learning to be okay with it. I have no other choice than to let go of needing to know what may happen, what might not happen, and simply live in the present.
Here's what been going on in the here and now lately, courtesy of my Instagram. (Please follow me above.)
1. She's got the wind in her fur.
2. Somewhere over the rainbow. I've seen a few of these this summer. Lucky me.
3. Ten points to anyone who can guess what this is.
4. Noted. Thank you Vivian Swift.
5. Throwback Thursday. What I think when I hear the words, "Winter's coming." Although that also means GOT will be resume.
What have you been up to? How do you deal with the unknown?
P.S. Great writer's contest on Brenda Drake's blog- Pitchmadness! Check it out!